What happens to the children if we separate?

This depends on you and your former partner. You may be able to come to an amicable agreement about where the children will live and when each of you will spend time with the children. If you are unable to agree, or you agree but would like a court order spelling out your agreement, then you can bring a court application. In any application involving children, the court will consider the same thing; what are the best interests of the child in the particular case.

For further information, contact one of our lawyers.